09710LING575800 Syntax Seminar, Fall 2008
Graduate Institute of Linguistics, National Tsing Hua University
Instructor: T.-H. Jonah Lin
Time & location: Mon 10:00 am – 1:00 pm; C519
Tel: (03) 571-5131, ext. 34402
1. Class attendance & presentation: 20%.
2. Term paper: 80%.
1. Lin, T.-H. Jonah Lin. 2001. Light verb syntax and the theory of phrase structure. Ph.D. dissertation, UC Irvine.
2. Nissenbaum, Jon. 2000. Investigations of Covert Phrase Movement. Ph.D. dissertation, MIT.
3. Abels, Klaus. 2003. Successive Cyclicity, anti-locality, and adposition stranding. Ph.D. dissertation. University of Connecticut.
4. Aldridge, Edith. 2004. Ergativity and word order in Austranesian languages. Ph.D. dissertation, Cornell University.
5. Hiraiwa, Ken. 2005. Dimensions of Symmetry in Syntax: Agreement and Clausal Architecture. Ph.D. dissertation, MIT.
6. Wu, H.-H. Iris. 2008. Generalized inversion and the theory of Agree. Ph.D. dissertation, MIT.